Message for horse owner
Dear actives, horse racing lovers and friends of the International Horse Races in St. Moritz
Looking back at the White Turf Meeting 2016 the whole White Turf Team would like to thank the community of the actives for their enormous commitment to the international horse races. Our event lives on the attraction of the noble race horses with their athletic aesthetics as well as the support and the altruistic attitude of all. In return we put all our effort into offering owners and trainers a unique platform for their performance on the frozen lake of St. Moritz. Both parties benefit from a first-class event offered to the spectators.
The following parameters were decided for the White Turf Meeting 2017:
- Unplaced horses in races with price money up to CHF 15,000.00 get 100% of the entry fee reimbursed.
- Prize money is paid for the 6 first rankings.
- Owners with starters receive boxes, hay and straw against a fee of CHF 200 excl. VAT per horse and meeting. This is a contribution to the rent, which the Racing Association St. Moritz pays to the community of St. Moritz, as well as for hay, straw and the permanent stable guard.
- The Racing Association St. Moritz does not pay any travel allowance, snow irons or shoeing. Nevertheless it reserves itself the right to support selected horses e.g. from England / Ireland with a travel allowance.
- Owners, trainers, drivers, jockeys and grooms with a national or international pass have free admittance to the event course.
- Owners with starting horses are entitled to 2 grandstand tickets per horse, which they may collect at the racing office on the race course. However we would recommend owners to collect their tickets well ahead of the racing day at the White Turf Office, Via Aruons 29, St. Moritz.
- In addition owners with a starting horse at the 78th Grand Prix of St. Moritz receive 2 VIP tickets for the third racing day on February 26, 2017, a value of CHF 1’836, for free.
- Owners, trainers and jockeys/drivers with a starter are very welcome to participate at the following events:
- White Turf Credit Suisse Grand Prix Final Night on Saturday, February 25, 2017
- Tradition Night on Saturday, Feb. 11, 2017
- Bavarian Curling on Thursday, February 23, 2017, at the ice rink Ludains
Sincere thanks to all owners, trainers, and jockeys/drivers for their great support! We hope these extraordinary benefits will make the international horse racing meetings in St. Moritz even more attractive to all the owners, trainers, drivers and jockeys.
Please note that from February 6 to February 19, 2017, the alpine Ski World Championship is taking place in St. Moritz. We therefore strongly recommend to book your stay the soonest possible!
St. Moritz, July 2016/SMS